Pre-Paid Mobile Service
Nepal Telecom welcomes you to the digital world of mobile technology. In the field of Telecommunications, Nepal Telecom has been the trusted partner of the people of Nepal since 2032. Among many valuable services provided by Nepal Telecom, "Namaste" is the Pre-Paid mobile service launched recently in order to easily make available the latest technology within the grasp of common.
The Starter Pack Contains:
- Welcome letter with SIM serial number, Mobile phone number, PIN/PUK numbers and security code.
- This User's Guide.
- Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card.
You will also enjoy a world of convenience with:
- Instant Access
- No deposits
- No bills
- International Dialing (ISD ):
Pre-Paid subscribers are provided with this facility at the time of purchase.
- National Roaming:
Subscribers can go to any place and make or receive call wherever the mobile network of NEPAL TELECOM is present.
- "Namaste" basic features (Voice call, SMS and Unconditional call forwarding)
- User friendly languages in English and Nepali.
||To recharge your account, query
balance and expiry dates.
||"Namaste" Customer Care
Service for Pre-paid related complaints and information.
||To divert your calls to NEPAL TELECOM
Mobile Voice Mail System (VMS).
||To check/retrieve messages and for
Your "Namaste" account is instantly activated when you make your first call. Either you can dial 1414 or any other number for the first call. Your first call will be diverted to NEPAL TELECOM Management Centre and you will hear voice prompt from our system. Along with the "Namaste" service information, you will be given the option of choosing the language (English or Nepali) at this time. Make choice according to your need.
After the release of this call you can use the "Namaste" service.
Please keep in mind to select your language option (English or Nepali) at the time of activation of your "Namaste" account. You can not change the language by yourself after your account is activated. If you wish to change your language after activating your account, you have to dial 1498 and ask for it or contact NEPAL TELECOM customer care centre.
Making & Receiving calls
It is no different for "Namaste". You can make and receive calls just like any normal mobile phone.
You will be able to make calls, as long as your account is not expired or you have balance amount remaining in your "Namaste" account.
Please refer to your mobile phone manual for details on how to make and receive calls.
How "Namaste" works
As you make a call using "Namaste", the cost of the call is automatically deducted from your account. This deduction includes the rate of call with all the taxes involved.
To replenish your "Namaste" account, all you have to do is call 1414
and recharge your account by using a recharge card.
States Of "Namaste" Subscriber
When Pre-Paid SIM card is purchased, it is in this state until it makes one call. In this state, the subscriber is not registered to the system and hence can not make or receive any call.
When a first call is made from a Pre-Paid SIM card, its state changes from Idle to Active. In the beginning, Rs. 100 is automatically added to its account and the validity period of 1 month is given. This is the working state of subscriber. The subscriber will remain Active as long as its account is recharged regularly.
When the Active period of Pre-paid subscriber is finished, it goes into Suspend state. In this state, no voice call can be made or received even if there is remaining balance amount in the account. The subscriber can dial only the management number (1414) for recharge and balance query but can receive Short Messages. This period is 15 days and if subscriber recharges its account, the state is changed to Active and the remaining balance is also transferred.
When subscriber fails to recharge its account within Suspend period, its state is changed to Disable. Then pre-paid subscriber’s account balance will be reset to ZERO and can not make or receive any call except 1414 for recharge. This period is 30 days. The pre-paid account has to be recharged within this period if subscriber wants to retain the account (MSISDN). After this period, the number is permanently deleted from the system.
Account balance query:
"Namaste" subscribers can check their account balance by themselves. To check the account balance:
- Dial 1414 and listen.
- Press 2 and listen. Then press 1 again for account balance query.
- Each time you recharge your account, the system will inform you
of your new account balance and expiry date.
- OR Dial *400#.
You will receive SMS reminder for recharging your account when your account balance becomes less than Rs.50. When your balance will be less than Rs.25, you will again be reminded through SMS. If you choose not to recharge your account now, then every time you try to make a call, you will hear reminder for recharging before the call setup. You can continue to use your phone until your account balance becomes zero. A reminder tone (beep tone) will be heard when you have
15 seconds of call time remaining.
Recharge cards are available in five denominations of RS. 50, Rs. 100, Rs. 200, Rs.500 and Rs.1000. The costs of these cards are Rs.50, Rs. 100, Rs. 200, Rs.500 and Rs.1000 respectively.
Please do not purchase the card, if the ink is tampered
How to recharge your account?
- Gently scratch the masking off the back of your recharge card to
reveal 13 digits PIN.
- Dial 1414 from your own Pre-Paid mobile phone and listen.
- Press 1 and listen.
- When system ask to enter the PIN number of the recharge card, enter
all the 13 digits of your recharge card PIN correctly and listen.
You do not have to press any other key or number after PIN entry.
After the successful recharge, you will be informed of your new account
balance and validity period.
- Alternately, customer can recharge by dialing *411* thirteen digit
pins# and press call key
Things to be remembered while recharging your account
- Always remember to use your own mobile phone (with your own Pre-Paid SIM card) for Recharge.
- Do not pause for more than 2 seconds (approximately) while entering the digits of PIN number. If paused longer, system will stop taking your entry and consider the PIN number as invalid.
- Your recharge card can be used only once to recharge an account. If you try to enter the PIN numbers of the used recharge card or incorrect PIN numbers, your attempts will be failed and account will not be updated. If such attempts are made carelessly, your account (mobile number) will be BLACKLISTED. After that, you will not be able to make or receive any call. Thus, you should be careful while entering the PIN of recharge card. Listen carefully to the instructions given while recharging.
- Pre-paid account can accumulate maximum balance of Rs. 5000 only. Further recharge of the account is not allowed till the account balance less than or equal to the face value of the recharge card is used up i.e. If the face value is Rs 500, then until the balance becomes less than or equal to Rs 4500, you can not recharge. Also the maximum Active day that a pre-paid account can accumulate is 730 days. For instance, if an account with Active days 720 and rechargeable balance (e.g. Rs.3500) recharge by using recharge card with face value Rs.500, the amount equals to face value of the card will be added(i.e. new balance will be Rs.4000) but only 10 days will be added to Active days of 720 instead of 6 months.
PIN1/PUK1 and PIN2/PUK2 numbers:
These are special numbers provided to you with your welcome package at the time of purchase of new SIM card. Please keep them safe for use when required.
If you make wrong entry of PIN 3 times, your SIM will be locked and will ask you for PUK number. Take great care while entering PUK because, if PUK entry is wrong for 10 times, the SIM card will be damaged permanently.
This code is the Identification of Pre-Paid mobile subscriber. This is also provided with your welcome package at the time of purchase of new SIM card. If your mobile is lost, we advise you to Block your account so that others can not misuse it. For that, dial 1498 and ask to block your Pre-paid account by giving your security code. In case, you find your mobile again, you can un-Block your account by giving the same security code.
Since the Welcome Letter given at the time of purchase of new SIM card contains the above vital information like PIN, PUK and security code, we advise you to keep it safely.